Our light rail is fast approaching.
Are you Rail Ready?
Safety information for pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers.
Safety for pedestrians
Only cross at designated intersection crossings!
- Always look both ways before crossing at intersections and crossings. LRVs can approach from either direction and at any time.
- Pay attention and stay alert at all times around light rail – LRVs can move quickly and quietly. Earphones, and other distractions like reading, texting, taking photos or selfies can put you at risk.
- Take care when pushing a pram not to let the wheel get stuck in the track.
Safety for cyclists
Always keep a safe distance from LRV!
- Look out for the tracks on the road and do not ride immediately adjacent to the rail track. Your cycle wheels may get caught in the rail groove.
- Ride directly across the tracks at a right angle to avoid your wheels getting stuck in the groove.
- Always cross the tracks at designated crossings and intersections.
Safety for drivers
It is prohibited to drive along the tracks!
- Make sure not to queue across the tracks at any time.
- Do not drive across the tracks unless the path ahead is clear.
- Truck drivers should ensure their vehicle load does not come close to the overhead wire when crossing at intersections. Road rules stay the same. Always obey traffic lights and road signs. If everyone follows the rules, we all stay safe!
→ Clearance height for wiring system is over 6 metres.
An exciting and visible stage in the light rail project is the installation of the overhead wire that delivers electricity to the LRVs, learn the facts.