Installation of electrical supply infrastructure to the light rail network at Elouera and Mort Streets is progressing steadily and Canberra Metro Construction extends its thanks to the local community, motorists, pedestrians and cyclists for their patience as work continues in this area. Below is an update of the works:
Mort Street/Elouera Street
- The tunnelling between pit 1 (Mort Street car park) and pit 2 (Elouera Street) has now been completed and over the coming weeks the pits will be filled and covered Please note: no further night works are required at this site and a total of only four nights were required to complete the work
- The open trench along Elouera Street between pit 2 and pit 3 - which is located at Northbourne Avenue - has been completed and temporarily filled.
- However the street will remain closed (except to local traffic)
Northbourne Avenue/Elouera Street
- Tunnelling work commenced underneath Northbourne Avenue today (Monday 14 May), between pit 3 and pit 4
- This is expected to be completed by June
- Although out-of-hours works are currently scheduled until 29 May for tunnelling in this area, the construction team is aiming to complete the work during the day
- However, if the ground condition slows progress, night work will be required
Elouera Street is anticipated to re-open, between Mort Street and Northbourne Avenue, in July.