Rail will be installed along Northbourne Avenue between the intersections of Masson-Girrahween Streets and Macarthur-Wakefield Avenues. Activities include welding of rail, moving and installation of rail lengths.
Over a four week period commencing 8August 2018, the following northern rolling work schedule will apply up Northbourne Ave:
- Masson-Girrahween Streets and Northbourne Avenue intersection mid-block will be closed from 6August for two weeks;
- Following the re-opening of the Masson-Girrahween Streets and Northbourne Avenue intersection, the Condamine-Ipima Streets and Northbourne Ave mid-block will be closed for the remaining two weeks.
During this period there will be day works followed by Out-of-Hours works between 6:00pm to 6:00am.
The following traffic conditions will apply during each intersection mid-block closure:
- Through traffic north and south along Northbourne Avenue will be permitted;
- Left turns into and out of Northbourne will be permitted;
- No right turns will be permitted from Northbourne into side streets during relevant mid-block closure;
- No right turns permitted into Northbourne from relevant side streets;
- No through traffic permitted across Northbourne Avenue during relevant closure.
Traffic management will be in place and highly visible throughout the works, including signage and personnel.
The equipment to be used includes; excavator, hand tools, lighting towers, light vehicles and trucks. Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities may be noisy.
The project team will limit noise impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’