Canberra’s first stage of Light Rail is progressing and construction is well underway. This is an exciting time in our City and Canberra Metro is working hard to see this vision come to life.
- The completion of landscaping and paving works is required to be done at night to minimise disruption to pedestrians and local businesses;
- Steel footing works are also required to be completed.
The hours of work will be from 5:00am to 11:30pm from Friday 1 June to Sunday 17 June.
NO works are scheduled:
- On Public Holiday 11 June (day or night)
- After 6:00pm on Saturday
The equipment to be used includes: excavator, plate compactor, light vehicles and trucks. There will be no paver cutting undertaken at night.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy. The project team will limit these impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers* will be used and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Email email@example.com
- Web www.canberra-metro.com.au
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’
To receive a Construction Update via SMS please text “YES” to 0437 056137. This is a free service.