UPDATE: Out-of-hours work in this area has been brought forward by one day to allow for some low impact activties to be undertaken within the median on the night of Tuesday 22 May. This work will involve a small two man team with hand trowels, finishing concrete.
To avoid traffic disruption during the day, the following works will be completed out-of-hours:
- Traffic signal conduit needs to be installed at Phillip Avenue and the associated light rail stop;
- A small pole footing needs to be driven within the Barton Highway road reserve adjacent to Canberra Veterinary Hospital (this work will take approximately 2 hours);
- Lengths of rail need to be hauled and strung along the track slab.
The hours of work will be from 8:00pm to 6:00am from Tuesday 22 May to Friday 1 June.
No work is scheduled on Saturday 26 May (day and night) and Sunday 27 May (day only).
Traffic Management and Detours:
- Northbound traffic on Federal Highway between Barton and Flemington Road will be diverted via Randwick Road
- No right turn allowed from Phillip Avenue onto Federal Highway
- Detours will be sign-posted, with traffic management in place and highly visible throughout the works.
*Federal Highway southbound traffic will be unaffected.
The equipment that will be used includes: road saw, excavator, compaction equipment, trucks and light vehicles.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy. The project team will limit noise impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’
To receive a construction updates via SMS please text “YES” to 0437 056 13
Thank you for your patience during these important works.