Rail installation needs to be undertaken at the Barton Highway intersection. Preparation works include:
- Saw cutting and jackhammering of rail rebates
The hours of work for this 56-hour shutdown are from 8:00pm Friday 15 June to 4:00am on Mnday 18 June.
- No right turn into Barton Highway from the Federal Highway
- No right turn from Barton Highway to Northbourne Avenue - southbound
- Single lane traffic northbound and southbound along Northbourne/Federal Highway at the Barton Highway Junction
- Detours will be sign-posted, with traffic management in place and highly visible throughout the works
- Pedestrian management will be in place to ensure the safe crossing of Northbourne Avenue
The equipment that will be used includes: excavators, hydrovac truck, road saw, jackhammer, light vehicles and trucks.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy. The project team will limit noise impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Email email@example.com
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’