Electrical pit and construction of communication trenches, landscaping and curb works are required ahead of rail installation on Northbourne Avenue between Antill-Mouat Streets and Barton Highway intersections. Out-of-hours work times:
- Southbound: Between 8:00pm and 6:00am each night, from Tuesday 5 June to Friday 15 June - excluding Friday night 8 June, Saturday night 9 June, and public holiday Monday 11 June.
- Northbound: Between 8:00pm and 6:00am each night, from Sunday 17 June to Friday 29 June - excluding Friday night 22 June and Saturday 23 June.
Traffic Management and Detours:
- The carriageway will be fully closed to motorists using Northbourne Avenue between the Antill-Mouat Streets intersection and the Barton Highway as per the dates above.
- Detours will be in place along Mouat and Antill Streets. Traffic management will be in place and highly visible throughout the works, including signage and personnel.
The equipment that will be used includes: excavators, rollers, light towers, compactor machinery, an hydrovac truck, light vehicles and trucks.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy. The project team will limit noise impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’
- To receive construction updates via SMS please text “YES” to 0437 056 137