Additional out-of-hours work along Northbourne Avenue is required to complete kerb installation works at the Antill-Mouat Streets intersection. Out-of-hours work times for this extension period will be:
- between 8:00pm and 6:00am on Sunday 15 July. An additional night's work may be required on Monday 16 July to complete the program.
- The southern lanes of Northbourne will be fully closed to motorists between the Antill-Mouat Streets intersection and the Barton Highway was per the dates above;
- Southbound detours will be in place via Barton Highway-Ellenborough Street and Phillip Avenue-Antill Street;
Traffic management will be in place and highly visible throughout the works, including signage and personnel.
The equipment that will be used includes: road saw, excavator, light towers, compactor machinery, a hydrovac truck, light vehicles and trucks.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy. The project team will limit noise impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’
- To receive construction updates via SMS please text “YES” to 0437 056 137