Canberra’s first stage of Light Rail is progressing and construction is well underway. This is an exciting time in our City and Canberra Metro is working hard to see this vision come to life.
Stormwater, track slab and pavement related installation need to be undertaken on Northbourne Avenue at the Antill-Mouat Streets intersection.
The hours of work will be from 8:00pm Friday 22 June to 4:00am Monday 25 June.
There will be no change for traffic travelling northbound and southbound along Northbourne Avenue at the Mouat and Antill Streets intersection. However, there will be road detours in place to divert all traffic coming from Antill and Mouat Streets.
- The intersection will be completely closed to traffic turning RIGHT into Antill Street and Mouat Street from Northbourne Avenue;
- The intersection will be completely closed to all TRHOUGH traffic along Antill Street and Mouat Street;
- Traffic control will remain in place during the shutdown period.
Traffic management will be in place and highly visible throughout the works, including signage and personnel.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy. The project team will limit noise impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Equipment to be used includes: excavator, hydrovac truck, concrete trucks, road compaction plant, asphalt paving equipment and trench rollers.
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’
- To receive construction updates via SMS please text “YES” to 0437 056 137