Storm water drainage pits and lines are being installed in the median along Northbourne Avenue between Morphett Street and Murdoch Street. Works will occur intermittently between north and southbound along Northbourne Avenue.
Monday 14 May through to Friday 25 May from 6:00pm to 6:00am
*Please note, there will be NO out-of-hours work on Friday and Saturday evenings during this period.
Traffic changes and detours:
- Intermittent northbound and southbound fast lane closures along Northbourne Ave between Morphett Street and Murdoch Street;
- Where necessary detours, pedestrian and traffic management will be in place and highly visible throughout the works.
The equipment and plant being used during this period includes:
- road saws, plate compactor;
- trucks, light vehicles; and
- excavators, cranes; and
- lighting towers.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy.
The construction team will limit these impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers* will be used and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
*except for elevated work platforms which are required by safety regulations to have tonal beepers
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’