Out of hours works are required for the construction of pram crossings, kerb islands, footpaths and sight-assistance tactile surfaces at the intersection of Federal Highway and Flemington Road. The works will be taking place from 6:00PM to 6:00AM each night, from Sunday 14th July to Saturday 20th July.
Traffic Management and Detours:
- Each Night between 8:00PM and 6:00AM, there will be no access to Flemington Road from the Federal Highway.
- Traffic exiting Flemington Road will be permitted to turn North onto Federal Highway only.
- Detours via Barton Highway and Randwick Road
The equipment to be used includes: a vacuum truck, light vehicles, tippers, excavators, concrete and compaction equipment. The project team will ensure the number of machines operating at the same time is limited and equipment turned off when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
These works are designed to transform Canberra, making it more accessible and to provide greater commuter connectivity across an integrated public transport network. We appreciate the continued patience of the public and the support of the Canberra community as we carry out these works.
More information can be found by visiting www.canberra-metro.com.au. If you have any questions in relation to works in your local area, please contact Transport Canberra by:
- via the online feedback form for complaints and compliments
- telephone on 13 17 10
- post at GPO Box 158 Canberra City ACT 2601