Canberra’s first stage of Light Rail is progressing and construction is well underway. This is an exciting time in our City and Canberra Metro is working hard to see this vision come to life.
To avoid traffic disruption during the day, the following works will be completed out-of-hours:
- Transfer oversize canopy steel to be installed at Alinga Street light rail stop from median close to Elouera/Gould intersection
- Install oversize canopy steel on site at Alinga Street light rail stop stop
The hours of work will be from 8:00pm to 6:00am from Tuesday 12 June to Friday 22 June.
- The fast and middle Northbourne Avenue lanes (northbound only) from Elouera/Gould to Alinga Street intersections will be closed for the oversize steel transfer
- No change to soutbound Northbourne Avenue traffic movement
- Alinga Street closed after 11pm to allow for oversize steel install (oned night)
- Traffic management in place and highly visible throughout the works.
The equipment that will be used includes: lifting cranes, excavators, EWP, trucks and light vehicles.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy. The project team will limit noise impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’
- To receive a construction updates via SMS please text “YES” to 0437 056 137