Major stormwater work needs to completed at the Alinga Street and Northbourne Avenue intersection. The works will be undertaken over two consecutive weekends in July (6-9 July and 13-16 July) to coincide with school holidays and minimise disruption. The hours of work will be from 10:00pm Friday through to 6:00am on Monday (56hrs).
Traffic Management and Detours:
There will be no change for traffic travelling northbound and southbound along Northbourne Avenue at the Alinga Street intersection. However, the Northbourne median at Alinga Street will be closed to all traffic. The following detours will be in place:
- NO access into Alinga Street eastbound from Northbourne Avenue, including: no through access along Alinga Street, No right or left turn from Northbourne Avenue into Alinga Street eastbound - Bus access ONLY
- NO right turn from Northbourne Avenue into Alinga Street (westbound and eastbound)
- NO right turn from Alinga Street westbound into Northbourne Avenue
Traffic management will be in place and highly visible throughout the works, including signage and personnel.
The equipment to be used includes a road saw, excavator, compaction equipment, asphalt paver vacuum truck and light vehicles.
Due to the nature of the work, some of the activity will be noisy. The project team will limit these impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro:
- Phone 1300 208 824
- Facebook or Twitter Search ‘Canberra Metro’
- To receive a construction updates via SMS please text “YES” to 0437 056 137