The intersection will be closed for the installation of storm water pits and lines across the intersection along Northbourne Avenue and to upgrade the road median paving. To ensure this work can be completed on time, out-of-hours work will take place over two consecutive weekends:
- 8:00pm Friday 9 March – 6:00am Monday 12 March
- 8:00pm Friday 16 March – 6:00am Monday 19 March
- No right-turn into Girrahween and Masson Streets from Northbourne Avenue;
- No right-turn into Northbourne Avenue from Girrahween and Masson Streets;
- No through-traffic access between Girrahween and Masson Streets;
- Northbourne Avenue north and southbound traffic unaffected;
- Detours and traffic management in place and highly visible throughout the works;
- Pedestrian management will be in place to ensure the safe crossing of Northbourne Avenue.
The equipment and plant to be used includes a water cart, tipper truck, light vehicles, VMS boards, lighting towers, vac trucks, asphalt laying equipment, excavators, a skid steer and a roller. Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy.
The construction team will limit these impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works. To receive a construction update via SMS please text “YES” to 0428 446 028. This is a free service.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro: