The installation of a track slab has been scheduled for the Barton Highway and Federal Highway intersection at Northbourne Avenue. This work is proposed for a 66-hour period starting at 10:00am on Friday 9 February to 4:00am Monday 12 February.
- No right turn into Barton Highway from the Federal Highway
- No right turn from Barton Highway to Northbourne Avenue – southbound
- There will be a reduction to single lane traffic northbound and southbound along Northbourne/Federal Highway at the Barton Highway Junction
- Detours will be sign-posted, with traffic management in place and highly visible throughout the works.
- Pedestrian management will be in place to ensure the safe crossing of Northbourne Avenue
The equipment and plant to be used includes roadsaws and quick-cut saws, jackhammers, excavators, hydrovac trucks, concrete trucks, plate compactor and rollers, light vehicles and trucks. Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy.
The construction team will limit these impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Noise blankets will be installed where practical. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works. To receive a construction update via SMS please text “YES” to 0428 446 028. This is a free service.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro: