Come on board and join the team operating Canberra’s newest mode of transport. Be part of the Canberra Light Rail Network delivering a modern transport system that will meet the needs of our rapidly growing and evolving city.
As an Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) Controller, you will control, supervise and coordinate operations to ensure safety and availability of services on the Canberra Metro system.
You will supervise and control all train movements along the route and support the scheduled timetable to achieve world class performance.
If you have:
- A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative with high problem-solving capability
- An ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills;
- Ability to work in an efficient and flexible manner in unsupervised circumstances sometimes under stressful conditions
- A Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) card or are eligible to obtain one
- Hold a clean and current full Driving license
- A minimum of 1-year experience of working in a control room environment (desirable)
- Experience and understanding of dealing with customers/staff and conflict resolution techniques
- Experience in working in a safety critical role and in following strict procedures and instructions
then this may be the role for you.
Send your resume and cover letter to the HR Team: CBRMETRO.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close March 25th, 2018
Canberra Metro Operations Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer .